Please Note: Please reach out to Support@Springboardretail.com if you would like to integrate your gift cards with BigCommerce.
** During this process you cannot sell or redeem gift cards in your brick and mortar store.
Let’s get started! Follow the steps below:
In Springboard Retail
Using the Springboard Retail Reporting feature, create a report on Current Gift Card balances following steps 1-3 below:
- Reporting >> Analysis
- GROUPS : Gift Card >> Gift Card #
- METRICS: Gift Cards >> Ending Balance
- Export file to Excel.
- Open the Excel file and add one column for Name and another for Email Address.
- Springboard does not attach a name or email address to recipients of gift cards. Please populate this field with another value (Ex: Name: Unknown; Email: Unknown@domain.com).
- Remove the “$” from Ending Balance column.
- Save as CSV.
- If you are using Apple Numbers, you will “Export with Apple Numbers.”
- In Excel, use ”Save As” function.
After completing the steps above in Springboard Retail, navigate to your BigCommerce account:
- Login to your BigCommerce Account.
- Select “Apps” on left side menu.
- Search apps: “Gift Certificate Importer” >> Install. (Note: You MUST be the owner of the account to complete this action).
- Begin uploading Gift Card CSV file into BigCommerce.
- Once the file is uploaded, navigate to the left side menu and select Orders >> Gift Certificates to view your gift certificates.
Hop back into Springboard Retail
- Navigate to Settings >> Payment Types
- Select “Gift Card”
- Under PAYMENT PROCESSING, select “With BigCommerce” in the dropdown.
- Select the BigCommerce site to connect to your integrated gift cards.
Congratulations!!! Your gift certificates are officially integrated into your eCommerce site!!!
Issuing Gift Cards for Employees, Donations and more!
Now that BigCommerce is handing your gift cards, to issue a gift card for any reason other than at the point of sale, you will upload the gift card information into BigCommerce and there you will add value!
Purchasing a Gift Card for use In Store or Online
You can still sell your gift cards in-store to be used on line as well as add value to the gift card.
- Go into the POS
- New Ticket
- Select Gift Card
4. Scan gift card or enter gift card number manually>> Continue.
5. Add Amount
6. You will see that the gift card is now an item on the POS ticket. Select, "Tender" >> Add Payment and Complete!
7. This card will then be reflected under "Gift Certificates" in your BigCommerce account.
PLEASE NOTE: Going forward, the client’s name will be attached to the gift certificate purchased and used. Any adjustments made to these are now made in BigCommerce and not in Springboard Retail. Springboard Retail does not control these cards any more.
BigCommerce does not at this time support gift card adjustments, as you are used to making adjustments in Springboard Retail.
Please reach out to Support@Springboardretail.com if you have any questions.