Managing and leveraging customer data is a key way to build engagement and loyalty. Springboard allows you to collect and report on any data you want. Add a new customer one at a time or via importing a customer list.
☐ Add a Customer (outside of the POS)
Go to SALES > CUSTOMERS and click ‘New”. Complete the fields you see. If there are fields you won’t use or fields you think are missing, remember to go to Settings > Custom Fields to manage the fields. Hit save and, congratulations, you have created a customer!
** TIP** You can merge duplicate customers to keep you customer list clean and, with the correction permissions, Export A List Of Existing Customers. You can also use custom fields on the customer record to run a list of all customers with a Birthday next month so you can email them and invite them to stop in your store!
Seeing your customer’s history and habits from within the POS, at a glance, gives your team the opportunity to make strong selling suggestions and ultimately to sell more to the customers.
☐ View the Customer Dashboard
Go to SALES > CUSTOMERS or, from within the POS, add a customer to a ticket. Then click on a customer name to find the dashboard.
- Check out the key metrics on this customer’s spending versus your average customer
- See the ‘notes’ section on the right? Add a note, like “Gloria’s daughter’s name is Kathy”. You can ‘star’ and delete notes - try it!
- The 3 lists and 3 pie charts are customizable in the back office, under ‘Settings > Reporting’, so you can customize the data that you want your sales team to see.
- History Tab. This provides you with a searchable, chronological list of all of the customer's POS tickets.
- Info Tab. You can enter or alter the customer’s information on this tab.
- Order tab. This is a list of the customers sales orders including online and special orders
- Make sure you check out this video on selling more with the Customer Dashboard!
** TIP** You can customize the customer dashboard via Settings > Reporting.