Finding the printer's IP address
- Turn off the Star printer.
- Press and hold the feed button.
- Turn the printer back on.
- Continue to hold the feed button until the Network Configuration report prints out.
- Confirm the printer IP address. An example IP address would be: 192.168.1.73
Setting the Static IP
- Open your web browser and type the Star printer's IP address into the URL field
- Log into the Star Network Utility using these credentials; User: root Password: public
- It may prompt you to change the password but this is not necessary, so just press cancel.
- In the left side menu click IP Parameters and select static. The current IP address and subnet mask should autofill in.
- Click Submit
- Select Save on the left side menu. Chose the option "Save => Configuration printing => Restart device" then click Execute.
The receipt printer should restart and print a new configuration report with Static next to the IP address instead of DHCP.