This document outlines how to use Springboard Retail’s Dynamic Reporting feature. You will learn how to create, alter, export, and save reports.
To access reporting in Springboard Retail, follow these steps:
- In the top navigation menu in the Springboard Retail dashboard, click the “Reporting” link.
This will bring you to the “Reporting>>Analysis” page.
There are 6 tabs on the reporting page. By selecting various Filters, Groups and Metrics you are able to pull valuable data to review. By selecting Sort, Compare, and Settings, you will be able to organize, clean up, and compare data.
- Date: Choose the date range for the report you wish to run in the “Dates” section.
- Locations: The report is set for all locations to start. To filter on specific locations, click the “Filter” link. Add a condition by clicking the “Conditions” button. You can add multiple conditions within the “Locations” section.
- Items: Add a condition by clicking the “Conditions” button. Here, you can specify conditions that you want to filter on - vendor, item, etc
- Customers: You can specify conditions that apply to customers.
2. Groups - At least one group must be selected for a report to run.
- Choose from the “Select to add” to select a group to group the reporting data on.
- Sorting allows you to set "ascending" and "descending" values to your current tabs.
- Comparing will give you the option to have a side by side view of different dates with your compiled data from your groups, sort, and metrics. It will also be viewable in your configured tabs.
5. Metrics - At least 1 metric must be selected for a report to run.
- Choose from the “Select to add” to select a metric for the reporting data.
- You can choose to include or not include subtotals by checking or un-checking the check box under “Options.”
You can bookmark any report and the filters, groups, and metrics will be saved.
- Click the “Export” button located on the top right of the window.
- Click “Excel” or "PDF"
- A download will start of the report you exported.
You have successfully exported a report! You can now open this report and save it on your hard drive.
Example Reports You Can Run
You can run a report of net sales, by vendor for a period of time as follows:
- Filter date for the time period you want to see
- Vendor >> Name
- Source Sales >> Net Sales
- View a side by side comparison of up to three different reporting periods.
- Source Sales >> Gross Sales : Sort Ascending
- Include Totals?
- Exclude rows where metrics are "0"