Thoughts on Hardware
Springboard Retail is a software company, not a hardware company, but we understand that the process of selecting and installing hardware can be complicated. Our goal is to build great software that can work on the hardware that you want to use.
If you're looking to buy POS hardware, please click here.
Obtaining Local IT Support
Springboard provides direct support for configuring and using Springboard Retail. We also ensure that Springboard Retail is up and running and that your data stored with us is safe, secure, and backed up and available to you at anytime.
Beyond that, it's up to you to maintain your own computer hardware, software, network, and internet connection. This is where you might find it necessary to have a relationship with a local IT support company or individual on a contract or per-incident basis. Ideally they would provide both remote (phone/email) and on-site support depending on what is needed. Springboard Retail does not endorse any specific service provider.
Here are some examples of IT support services you may need that we don't provide:
- Initial POS computer/network installation and setup: cabling, operating system configuration, installing non-Springboard software, etc.
- Internet connection support
- Hardware support: troubleshooting and replacing a failed computer, router, cable, hard drive, POS peripheral, etc.
- Software support (for non-Springboard applications): managing antivirus software, operating system updates and security patches, office/productivity software, etc.
Recommended Hardware Kit
Minimum hardware requirements:
- 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 64bit (x64) processor
- At least 2 GB RAM
- At least 16 GB available hard disk space
Supported Operating Systems
PC: 64-bit Windows 7 or newer
Mac: Mac OS X 10.10 or newer
iOS: iOS 9 or newer
Important: Although they can run the core software of Springboard Retail, Chromebooks/Chromeboxes are not fully supported because of the inability to install printer drivers.
The latest versions Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Safari (on the Mac) are supported.
Springboard Retail Connect