If you find yourself with duplicate items, you can easily merge the two items together to one item record. The steps to merge duplicate items are listed below, along with visuals:
1. In the top navigation menu under Inventory, click on items
2. On the items page, search for the item you'd like to merge into the text box.
3. Select the items you would like to be merged by clicking on the boxes to the left of the item number. To select both at the same time, you can check the box at the top next to the "#" column heading.
4. When two or more boxes are selected, the selections will turn yellow and a "Merge" button will appear in the top right corner.
5. After clicking the "Merge" button, you will be brought to a new page where it explains that when item records are merged all item data will be preserved and combined. However, item public ID, description, long description, default cost, original price, current price, tax category and custom fields cannot be combined. Because of this, you are given the option to choose which item record you would like to preserve by marking it as the "master" record.
6. Once the desired master item record is chosen, click the "Merge" button.
Congratulations! You have merged your duplicate item records.