This document outlines the procedure for how to add or edit a user.
To access “Settings” in Springboard Retail, follow these steps:
- In the top navigation menu in the Springboard Retail dashboard, click the “Settings” link.
This will bring you to the "Settings" page
2. Click "Users" on the left menu bar.
This will bring you to the "Users" page.
Adding a New User
- Click the “New” button. This will bring you to the “New User” page.
- Type in a unique username for the user.
- Type a new password and re-enter the password. This password must be at least six characters long and contain at least one number.
- Enter a First Name, Last name, Email and Employee # (optional). Email address is a required field and must be unique because there is an option for password recovery which is sent via email.
- Click the “Save” button.
At the bottom of the page are two sections - “Roles” and “Enabled Locations”
Editing User’s Roles
If an employee is an administrator you can enable all permissions by enabling the switch in the “Roles” section to “Yes.” If the user is not an administrator you want to have this switch in the “No” position. In the “No” position you have the option to “Add Role.” To add a role, follow the following steps:
- Click “Add Role” A new window will appear where you can search all the available roles to assign to the user. (Don't have any roles created yet? Read this article to learn more about creating roles.)
- Click the “Name” link of the role and the role will now be assigned to the user. You will land back on the specific User’s page.
To delete a role, click the “Delete” button next to the role.
Selecting Locations for a User
If you want the user to be able to log into all locations, then you want to enable all locations. To do this switch the “Enable all Locations” switch to the “Yes” position. If you want to choose which locations the user is enabled in follow the following instructions:
- Click the “Add” button. A new window will appear which you can search all locations.
- Click the “Name” or “#” of the location you wish to enable.
The location will now be enabled for the user. To delete a location simply click the “Delete” link next to the location name.
Note: You must include an email address or you will not be able to 'Create New User' (that button will be gray).
If you have a user that exists and you need to change roles or locations, go to settings > users > click on the username that you want to change, then go to the 'Roles' or 'Locations' tab and make the appropriate changes.